Monday, September 7, 2009

Sons of Anarchy Season 2 Premier, Tues.Sept. 8th, FX network, 10pm!



Our Season 2 premier Tuesday, Sept 8th roars to a start with so many unpredictable twists and turns if you tune in you'll be in for one hell of a ride!
As the inspiration for Gemma's look Katey wanted a cross between Donatella Versace and Stevie Nicks which I helped along with glowing skin (Thanks to Cle de Peau refining fluid foundation and Arcona skincare!) strong black rimmed eyes and a really pale lip. Canceling out the lip color allows her eyes to take center stage.
Katey's beautiful bone structure is enhanced with tarte's mineral bronzer "park ave. princess" applied with a fan brush along the hairline and under cheekbones.
Favorite eye colors colors are: MAC "Quite natural" paint pot, MAC "Buried Treasure" eye pencil, MAC liquid eyeliner and LORAC "Color Me Couture" eyeshadow palette.
I've come to love Gemma Teller's eternal smokey eye, strong spirit and her own brand of family values.

5 comments:

Juley said...

Wow, I always wondered what you used for Gemma's make-up. So happy to finally figure it out. I could sense there was something MAC about the eyes, though. Long live MAC! I've only used MAC foundation, eyeshadow, lipgloss and blush but it's absolutely my favourite brand.
May I ask how long does it take you to create Gemma's make-up? Not counting the tattoos and the scar.

Just saw season 2. It was breathtaking.

Lizbeth said...

The beauty makeup portion takes about 40 minutes.The entire makeup including fx takes one hour. So glad you knew it was a prosthetic scar!
I also use MAC bountiful brown eye pencil (a gorgeous golden brown) from the inside corner to center of the iris to bring it all together and kick up light. YSL's touche eclat #3 strategically placed under eyes also adds light reflection with optical brightners. Thanks for your kind words.They mean alot!

Juley said...

Thank you for replying. Really appreciate it!
I figured it would take about that long. I remember when I went to my portfolio photoshoot and the lady was doing my make-up I thought it would be about 10-15 mins but after sitting there for like a half hour I was like "Why am I still sitting here...?"
I knew the scar wasn't real in the first place because Katey doesn't have any scars like that. What do you use to create it? You have a sample scar that you just glue to her chest or you have to make a new one every time?
Wow, that is a lot of things to keep in mind! Did you go to any make-up schools to learn how to do all that?
By the way did you make Katey's "injury make-up" as well?
Sorry for the question overflow. I'm just really interested and don't have anyone else to ask.

All the best,
Juley

tracy said...

finally saw the show and thought you did a great job!!
didn't know you had a blog - i love it

xxt

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found this. I love her eye make-up. What color is her lipstick? I did find something similar from MAC.